Shannon Pritchard was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, but she likes to say her parents got her to Texas as quickly as possible! She grew up in Dallas and Irving, Texas, and graduated from MacArthur High in Irving.
She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a Pre-Law emphasis from the University of Texas at Arlington, and received her Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth. Ms. Pritchard was admitted to the bar in November, 2000, and has practiced in criminal, bankruptcy, family, personal injury and probate, and general civil litigation areas of law. She has practiced in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Collin and now Parker Counties in the last seven years.
Ms. Pritchard started her own firm, Shannon S. Pritchard & Associates, P.L.L.C, in May, 2003. She represented clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, as well as will contests, general civil litigation, and misdemeanor criminal violations. She also assisted clients with incorporation matters, powers of attorney, directives, and collection letters.
Along with pursuing a law career, Ms. Pritchard has also been an active parent, serving as a Girl Scout leader for twelve years (1995 to 2007), until her daughter graduated from high school this past spring. Mr. Pritchard is also an advocate of her law school alma mater, and supported her law alumna by serving as a Board Member (2002-2005), Committee Chair (2005-present), and President (2003-2005) of the Texas Wesleyan University Alumni Association.
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law Alumni Board, President, 2003 – 2005
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law Alumni Board, Chair, Nominating Committee, 2005 – 2006
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law Alumni Board, Chair, Brief Run Committee, 2005 – Present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member, 2003 – 2004
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Leadership Class Participant, 2003
Past Employment Positions
- John H. Carney & Associates
- Shannon S. Pritchard & Assoc.
- Ross & Matthews, P.C.
Pro Bono Activities
- Leader, Girl Scouts of the USA, 1996 – 2007
- Community Troop Services Manager, Girl Scouts of the USA, 2002 – 2004
- Community Delegate, Girl Scouts of the USA, 2001 – 2005
- Founding Singing Member, One Achord, 2003 – 2006